Thursday, July 8, 2010

My creative space

I've been following Kootooyou for just under a year now, and have been keen to join in her 'my creative space' Thursdays.  This is the first Thursday in ages I've not been running round doing un-creative Mummy type stuff so yah I can play!

I've had a project in mind to start for myself for aaaages....its on the to do list, but being that its Thursday already I think it will be bumped to next week...see if you can guess which one?

If you have checked in on my blog before you will know I've had a bit of an order for my Russian dolls this week, so that will be me today (you can see two little examples in the pic below - or here).  I thought since this was my first go at playing along with my creative space I would show you my mildly controlled chaotic workspace, which is actually pockets of space in the garage, the corner of the living room and several cupboards dotted all over the house, but I guess this is the nerve centre of it all.  Dreaming of a space all of my own with a door and a garden view :)

My favourite picture of my little family and a maxim I like to remind myself off every day are the favourites on my pinboard.  Have a happy day you wonderful creative dynamo you!!

8 comments:

  1. hi there, thats a great maxim on your noticeboard and so true :) lovely photo too. i got my cellophane bags from one of those dollar value/ everything $1 $2 or $3 type shops. If you can't find them I could go buy them for you and you pay me back if you want. They have them in heaps of sizes (well last time i looked anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think chaos properly describes the state of my work space, it needs something more. That is a lovely photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photograph and a great maxim to live by. My guess given the state of the Kiwi weather when I left last week would be slippers. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - you get the prize, it was the slippers - hoping to make it to a 'my creative space' in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Megan, your awesome. I'll go check out a $2 shop tomorrow, but if I get stuck I may just take you up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A creative space is where ever you are when the urge strikes you I think... Given that I don't have a set creative space either...this is what i tell myself! That photograph is really quite beautiful. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that thought Peta, that really is quite liberating....although have you checked out Cotton Kiwi's creative space today? She showed her Mum's sewing room circa 1970's [droooooooool] hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am lucky enough to have a dedicated workspace with a door and a view of the garden but i am still a huge fan of the spread it all over the house philosophy. i love your photo and the maxim

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)