Thursday, July 22, 2010

My creative space...I give you the pearstop

Yup, you read that right its a pearstop...for holding the door open.  I've been making so many Russian dolls in the wee small hours recently that it occurred to my sleep deprived brain that the shape looked just like an appliqued pear on a quilt my grandmother gave me which was sadly lost in one of my house moves.  This is my first attempt.  My daughter has has a fantastic time this morning stirring, pouring and inevitably adding a little dribble to the rice - but I precooked it so I don't think it will sprout!

And here it is all finished....




Wow (I'm completely surprised I managed to finish this today, Lala has been throwing her lunch at me in the closing stages of this project.  Don't worry, the pear survived this ordeal unscathed).

Check out Kirsty's blog Kootoyou for a whole bunch of talent creative types.  Have a lovely day.

Notchka

8 comments:

  1. Oh that's very cute! I love pear shapes (hmmm... perhaps because I *am* that shape?!) The fabric is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thats why I love pears so much, I guess you are drawn to your own mirror image hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab and I love the fabric you chose! How did you precook the rice? Did you zap it in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the pear and laughed at the throwing lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea - and executed wonderfully! Occasionally sleep deprivation can be a creative think-outside-the-square experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Cotton Kiwi - I cooked the rice in 100oC oven for 30 mins. I'm not sure if this is the 'right' way to do it, Mr Google only came back with recipes for stuffed peppers and sushi when I asked him.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)