Thursday, August 12, 2010

My creative space - Finishing

Today is all about tie up loose ends and finishing several projects I've had on the go for the last few weeks.  I'm chronic for not finishing, but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.  I've been cutting out my own summer designs for my Felt shop like mad all week, so today is a break from being hunched up on the floor.

I've been asked to think up a class for a 'handmade Christmas presents' series running at Stitch over Spring.  I though a journal cover would be ideal, as it can be done in masculine fabrics to appeal to the men in our lives.  I never have any trouble with handmade for women, but men are a little more challenging. 

This uber girly one is made up from offcasts of recent projects.  I'm not going to post a tutorial on this - its so easy, it barely needs instructions and besides, Kirsty at Kootooyou has done a few of these in her time and has a brilliant set of guidelines here

My other pieces to finish are an appliqued tee (just the handstitching to go) and a cardi for Isla (joining all the pieces and doing the ribbing).  So quite a bit for today, and it probably won't all get done, but I feel the need to get these out of the way before starting new projects.

For more creative people doing fab things go check out Kirsty's blog Kootooyou.

Hope all is well in your world

4 comments:

  1. Makes me wish I was in Christchurch so I could attend your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your too kind Cotton Kiwi :) - I've love your work you definately don't need me! I'm still keen on your blue circles with bird silouette, are you interested in making me one to order, or would you consider doing a swap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the journal covers, so cute & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That journal cover is super adorable! And yes I would LOVE to do a swapsie with you - any ole time! feel free to email me at rutherbrad(at)yahoo(dot)com to have a chit chat! (I'm just barely containing my excitement - as little dresses make me super duper happy!)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)