Sunday, September 26, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Its a beautiful sun-shiney Sunday, just right for a trawl through Riccarton Market.
Most of my treasures are for Lala's room. We are starting to thinking about a big girl bed...

A bit of imagination required for this one - I want to powdercoat it white to go with....
I have an idea about mounting some of Lala's tiny newborn clothes on canvases and containing them within the naked (unbacked) frame - there are other ideas, but this seems the most likely to actually get slotted in to the schedule and done!

All three items for just under $30 - woot!!
And for Mama a Poole jug - I love the sensual curves and the blue glaze.

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.  I'm trying to ignore the white elephant in the corner of the room in the shape of my sewing machine.  Even professionals (ha!) have their off days, I just can't seem to get into the groove today - I keep sewing things upside down and back to front.... always when your on a deadline.  Harrumph.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely finds, especially love the poole jug, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea with the frame. I've been thinking of doing something similar for my eldest daughter but using cork board as that backing and then process all the digital shots she's taken of her friends and pin them within the frame. She's 6 and would love a big frame full of all her own photos. Just got to get around to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats such a good idea Knicky Knacks - I like that you can change around the contents when you get tired of it. I know how you feel tho - sooooo many ideas, so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would like the jug - I thought of your duck egg blue tea set, kinda the same vibe. I feel so grown up to have a proper milk jug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little jug is gorgeous - as the bed will be once powder coated. How does one do something like powdercoating? Do you need to get it done professionally? I imagine... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the frames, really love the jug and can't wait to see the bed as finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely frames and I love the idea of how you will use them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you have found some great things! There is a really good spray paint on the market that gives things an enamel like coating maybe you could try that if you can't get it powdercoated? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such lovely things to work with and amazing ideas. the bed will look lovely in white.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)