Monday, October 18, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Swap


On Friday I received a huge parcel of goodies from my swap partner Ngaire of A Country Cook and Crafter. I wanted to share with you some of the gorgeousness she sent me.

Ngaire is a scrapbooker, as one quick look at your blog will inform you. I love that she wrapped each gift in vintage pattern instructions and she made the tags and card with little dress form motifs.

I squealed with glee and then had a little cry because every last little thing in there (and there were so many things) was soooo me.  This is just some of it - there were extras in there like the handprinted tote, which is now my crochet bag, and some lollies and a book for Lala and the Huz.

In case you were wondering...
F is for fabric and a handmade frame with gorgeous sparkly butterflies.
R is for ribbon - wound onto handmade spools and in the cutest little box decorated with pattern sheets and tape measure.  There were extras in there also - embriodery floss and the little scissor and tape measure charms.
I is for inspiration (Notebook magazine - that went straight into the overnight bag for our weekend away)
E is for edible goodies - seriously the photo is the only remaining evidence the giant chocolate buttons existed.  Lala and I ate them all up before the Huz got home.
N is for necklace (to be featured on an upcoming Wardrobe Wednesday I feel)
D is for duo of useful things - the notebooks Ngaire hand embellished, one handbag sized for creativeness on the go and one for the workroom and again I love the vintage patternsheets.
S is for scrapbooking - a pack of gorgeous coordinating papers, tags and ric rac in my favourite colour combo and incidentally the perfect colours to scrap our weekend away in Kaikoura....and more on that amazing place later!

This was my first ever swap, so I really didn't know what to expect.  As it turned out, getting to know Ngaire and giving a little support through our trials and tribulations (each of us survived a natural disaster and hospital stays for dear relatives) really renewed my spirit and my faith in humanity.  And it was fun designing little projects and sourcing little gifts for someone else, it made me go to all kinds of cute shops I would normally avoid for fear of spending money (being a SAHM means giving up the notion of 'disposable income'). 

Oh and receiving that parcel was like my last 5 birthdays rolled into one.  Thank you Ngaire, you are such a sweetie and to think I never would have met you but for blogging. xx

2 comments:

  1. I am pleased to see you have received some really lovely gifts from Ngaire. I have marked you down as received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nin- your words are so beautiful and now it is my turn to shed a tear!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)