Thursday, October 21, 2010

My creative space: The Wonk Factor

Today's creative space is a rather wonky (but no less enjoyable) afghan I started while on away last weekend. 

I took a mag along on the trip which had an article about not having to be perfect all the time.  Then I read Kirsty's post yesterday and it all seemed to be little prods from the universe to go with the flow.

Ok, so I probably shouldn't be using fat yarn and thin yarn in the same project.  And I could have planned my granny squares to make a more pleasing overall design instead of just leaping in and making one gigantic granny square and using up all the multi coloured yarn in one hit, but frankly this side project is all about relaxing and enjoying the process - so by that indicator I give myself an "A+" (or is it "Pass with Excellence" these days?)

Pop over to Kirsty's for more creative spaces.

9 comments:

  1. I like wonky : ) The trim colour constrasts nicely with the purples and blues. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the textural look of all the thicknesses of tbe threads personally! And if we're not enjoying the process...why do it... well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours, I so need to learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking pretty damn impressive to me and I'm sure yarn artists use different weights of yarn together all the time! I love that you are abandoning yourself to the joy of the process. We should all do that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The article about perfectiveness resonated with me too! At least we are having a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes our best work comes from not trying too hard to be perfect and just going with the flow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How boring would life be if we all followed the same pattern?...thanks for dropping by my space today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always a bit on the wonky side when it comes to anything wooly. Wonky is good and the enjoyment factor is the most important part for sure. I think yours looks lovely and I love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours and good on you for keeping on with it - I would be hopeless and give up at the first sight of wonk i need to reassess myself i think!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)