Thursday, October 14, 2010

My creative space

The Huz is away this week and so I've been able to have extended crafting hours.  Just as well really as I got chatting to the lovely Lorelei at Milou last week over a bag I made and one thing led to another and well, I dropped off a few of my Russian dolls, pear stop, shoulder bag and retro pocket skirts this afternoon (I'll do a proper post on this awesome shop later - I took pictures, and I seriously want to buy half the stuff there). 

Remember this?
The cerise fabric is to trim a custom made retro pocket skirt*.

Lucky us - we're off to Kaikoura tomorrow for a bit of a break, walks on the beach, crayfish on the BBQ and maybe we'll see a whale or two.  I was given a huge bag of yarn by a friend having a craft room spring clean, so I've started an Afghan to keep me out of mischief on the trip.  Its been around 3 years since I started a crochet project, I'd forgotten wonderfully relaxingly addictive it is.

For more creative loveliness click here.

*sorry the pics are so boring this week, I'll do better next time.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time at Kaikoura. I would love to see what it is like when it isnt raining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finger's crossed it isn't raining - but I'll def. take the camera. Didn't get to the PO today, I'm hoping tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your Russian Dolls and the pear stops!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)