Monday, November 15, 2010

Handmade Xmas Gift Tutorial: Teatowel to Apron

If you've been following my blog you'll know I did a swap with the lovely Ngaire recently.  She is an Aussie who came for a holiday over here about a year ago and loved it (whats not to love?) so I wanted to give her some gifts with a little Kiwi flavour. 

I found this teatowel with a gorgeous print on it - too good for dishes I felt, so I remodelled it into an apron. 


I'm sharing how I did it, with photos and what I hope are easy to follow instructions here and photos here.

Anyway, with Christmas fast approaching this could be a great quick, budget busting, handmade Chrissy gift, ideal for posting overseas - or the hard to hand-make-for man in your life  there are some great Man-ish teatowels out there - try forgive the pun:

Image from http://www.mrfoursquare.co.nz/
Let me know if you can make sense of the tutorial - happy to have your feedback and comments, as always.

Hope all is well in your world.
Notchka

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! how cool and really kiwi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and affordable. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apron! The instructions are really easy to follow! So easy that even someone like me could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift idea! Good luck in my giveaway, I love anything to do with fabric too- I've just thrown away most of the clothes in my wardrobe so I've got room for more fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you're a kiwi!!
    I only just realised after looking at your 'things to make' page (after making your peg apron today) & there was NZ on your apron & a picture of Mr foursquare!
    I have 3 foursquare bags which I use all the time over here in Oz..it reminds me of home (& I used to work in one lol)
    Keep up the great work..it is fabulous seeing these great patterns :)
    Cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)