Thursday, November 4, 2010

My creative space: Birds in Meadows

Good morning fellow creative dynamo.



I'm playing with new fabrics from the Joel Dewberry range 'Modern Meadows' which arrived this week at work....we are planning a "Wow its Spring" window. Today's mission - an experimental crochet nest from the strips I cut off while making up fat quarters and some birdies from the Joel D book Sewn Spaces....we've gone full immersion on the JD.

 
 
I thought I would let you know that last week's creative space was finished and dispatched not a moment too soon as it turned out - Annie was labouring while I was making.  Congratulations Annie and Clint and welcome to the world Malia. 
 
Also the make-it-up as I go along afghan from a couple of weeks ago has turned into a monster-ghan and is still been added to in little snatches of 'spare time'.  Crochet is perfect for stilling my brain at the end of a busy day and I find I sleep better with half an hour of meditation on the end of a hook, so I'm not ready for that project to end....and I keep finding odd balls of yarn.  Perhaps I'll photograph it for you next week.
 
Thanks for popping by.  I hope to get around all you creative spaces later on tonight, and yes that crochet hook will be in hand!  Do check out Kirsty's blog (she will make your mouth water) for links to wonderful creative spaces.

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous window it will be! I love birdies, and Joel Dewberry too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabrics. You'll enjoy creating something wonderful with those. Have fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love this range. Do you think the navy is quite girly, or could it be unisex? can't decide by looking online! I need a good new unisex navy for my new range...... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is so pretty! Can you show us a pic of your window display when it is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of your etsy shop so came across, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure will Ngaire. Lala and I are off for a walk along the river tomorrow to see if we can find a smallish branch to use with the birds and nest, oh I'm making blossom out of the fabric to....hopefully, if I get time eeeeppppp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats on finishing Malia's prezzie just in time. I love her name.
    I also love the idea of a crochet nest and look forward to seeing how you go with it. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish I lived nearby so you could teach me some sewing tricks! Love seeing what you are making, you must always be so inspired working where you do... all those yummy fabrics... I'd probably spend everything I made!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)