Friday, March 11, 2011

Just popped out...back soon


My man, hard at work (centre of photo facing you)
I know there hasn't been a lot of posting goin on lately - please be patient with me while I work through what's happening in our lives.

Lala and I have been staying with friends on the gorgeous Coromandel Peninsula.  I had to leave my digital camera at home, but I have an 'old school' SLR and I will share this stunning part of the world with you soon.

Meantime, you might like to check out New Zealand Handmade who interviewed me here

I've been numb this past week - writing and creating have been sporadic and hard to concentrate on. There are still so many unknowns for us, but I do know that I miss my husband, still at home working with Civil Defence; and I miss my city as broken as she is right now. I have prayed for guidance and it is clear to me that it is people that make Christchurch awesome, people like me, strong and able and in the prime of my life; willing to fight, willing to rebuild, willing to heal. I can tell you I am so anxious to return to aftershocks my stomach is in knots as I write this but I feel I must return.

Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.
Helen Keller

7 comments:

  1. Oh Notchka. I really feel for you hon. Know that you have friends behind you in your struggle and we will do anything we can to support you in this. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are thinking of you and your family and your community all the time...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing. My sister in law just had her baby in Chch Womens and isn't enjoying the aftershocks in that building at all.
    I think ChCh will be an awesome city to live in again. I just think about how cool Napier is now and that all came out of the dust of an earthquake as well.
    Oh and I think your husband is awesome for doing what he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Nin, I have been sending love your way. Enjoy the time you have in Coromandel and get strong for the mammoth task that you have to face when you return home x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nin,
    We have been wondering how you are going and hoping and praying you are ok. This difficult time will pass and your city will return to its vibrant self.
    Look after yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't even begin to express how deeply your post has just affected me. I hope that you and your fmaily can find the strength to make it through these very hard times. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so true about it being people that make Christchurch awesome... and right now its the important things that count - family and community : )

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)