Friday, May 20, 2011

Crochet for Queensland

Several people have asked me lately how I'm going with the granny squares for Queensland.   My tally is 47 and Mum has around 30 - and still counting.
Mum's squares
Truly I haven't done one in three weeks now. My own clothing range, finding a new house to live in without a big sink hole under it.....oh no there are two excuses and there are a million more crowding around the edges of my thoughts.

I loved doing them while I was still all a jumbled of nerves around the earthquake.   I would be doing them still but deep breath I'm not superwomen.  I can't do it all, even though I want to do it all.  Now is the season to focus my efforts own rebuilding my business for my sake and that of my family.

I have ends to weave in on around half a dozen and then I shall package them all up and pass them on to Sarah London who is making them into blankets.  She is accepting squares for a whole year, and I may do a few more a little later on down the track.

I just want to thank again all the amazing women who donated yarn to this project to allow me to do this, and in particular Annie who send me a care parcel of gorgeous handmade goodness on top of a very generous bundle of yarn....that brooch is coming to a Wardrobe Wednesday soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for knowing when to let go. I had to do the same thing with my earthquake quilts, I ended up taking the blocks to Sarah at Stitch and she finished the tops, Shenleigh is quilting them and I'll bind them. It's a village effort. I felt a bit guilty at first, but it's just about all of us working together really.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)