Saturday, May 14, 2011

Helpful Birdies

Aaannd we're back.......I didn't think I would mind that blogger had pooed itself for a couple of days.  I get distracted all too easily and I really need to put in some serious work if I'm ever going to finish sampling my range.  However I found myself morosely checking in three times a night to see if I could load my dashboard and thinking of all the posts I could be writing... 

I had the pleasure of meeting Maddie over at Lil Magoolie in the flesh a wee while ago.  We got talking about her paper crane project and somehow I managed to rope myself into doing a few.  See? Distracted



You should know that she needs more to reach her target of 2,000 cranes.  It is said that 1,000 cranes will grant you a wish.  Maddie's wish is for the ground to stop shaking so that we can rebuild our lives here in Christchurch.  Since the disaster in Japan, she would like to make an additional 1,000 to be sent to a Kiwi living in Northern Japan for them to present to local school children.  She is just over a quarter of the way there, but she could use loads more.  Or one more? 

Making cranes is something my Grandmother taught me when I was around 7 or 8.  Maybe this is something you could do with your kids? Pop in on Maddie's blog to get the juice.  She has included links to a great tutorial, and they really are easy and addictive.

Righto, I'm off to finish a scarfette for the range - which is ironic considering the unseasonably good weather today.

Hope all is well in your world.
Notchka

2 comments:

  1. I love your birds!
    I tried to follow a tutorial on how to make these the other day. but failed by about step 3! I'm going to give it another go though as it is such a great project. Wish me luck!!!
    On another note, thank goodness I'm not the only one who had blogger withdrawals ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I'll have to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)