Thursday, May 19, 2011

My creative space: All that fuzz

Hooray I found my camera.  Its been misplaced since the weekend, and goodness it made me realise how much I love and use that thing!  It was, of course, hidden in plain view atop my desk, behind a bunch of fat quarters.....but only found after cleaning out both cars, my daughters toy bin and numerous cupboards.

The reason for the chaos?  I'm attending the May Monster Market on the 28th, so I'm in full 'make' mode.  Today's task is finishing off a whole pile of scarfettes, throws and cushions in the most gorgeous faux fur.  I don't usually get all gushy about Polyester, but this stuff is streets ahead of what was available in faux say 10 years ago.  So soft and snugly I don't really want to take mine off.

Any suggestions for lining colours?  I'm planning on making a lot more red.  I don't really want to do black - I think a contrast is nice, but what then?

If you have time today, I thoroughly recommend making a cuppa and heading over to Kirsty's new dedicated  creative spaces spot.  Or just go visit Kirsty - she's one inspiring chick.

11 comments:

  1. Purple or green ? Maybe a turquoise. The Monster Market sounds great, I hope you do well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo.. that looks so snuggly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my first attempt at sewing faux fur last week and I felt like it was like Velcro!!! Crazy how the little limbs clung to themselves! Drove me crazy! So my hats off to you! They do look really lush for faux fur … I think a yummy gold buttery tone lining would look scrummy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I found my car keys right under my nose a few days ago after looking in all the likely spots and a few unlikely ones! That had to do with fabric also.
    With the grey and black toning of the fake fur a hot/bold pink backing on some would look good. I'm not normally a pink person but red just doesn't go with some things so the option of pink for your customers might be worth a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops ..P.S. I wasn't criticising the red, I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree - purple! You can't go wrong with purple! There are some amazing faux furs out there now!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame, if it was another weekend I'd come along and support you. Good luck at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh just what I need right now, something warm and snuggly...all of a sudden after gordous warm autum days it has turned into winter. They look lovely, good luck at the markets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red is great for winter with that dark colour or something else deep and bright! Turquoise? I would go straight for the red.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That faux fur looks lush. I'm loving the pale blue. That's what I would choose! Good luck with the market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice... looks very snuggly yet oh so lush!

    My colour suggestion: a deep midnight blue OR a rich golden mustard.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)