Thursday, May 5, 2011

Underpants!

A little distraction (I should be working on my range, but I'm at the 'step back and think about' it phase of that).

While I was on quake-break in Whangamata recently I went op shopping at one of my favourite old haunts.  My partner in crime (aka Magpie) and I found lots of treasures which may become the subject of another post, but one of the things I found was these.

Real big men's undies.  Now, I don't usually buy undergarments at op shops owing to concerns over, umm, hygiene but these were really clean and I liked the union jack.  I had no idea what to do with them at the time, but then inspiration came......
a little cut here and there.  A bit of liner making and stuffing to go and I should have a nice cushion by the end of the day!

My Scotttish huz took it quite well.  I know its a bit of a stretch welcoming the union jack into our home, but I've promised to make it up to him with something reflecting his heritage at some point. 

For more creative spaces go here.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with a giant pair of union jack undies - how fabulous! Your Huz must be reminded that the flag of St Andrew is right there on the Jack, just got to squint to see it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!Ha! such a funny thing to do..but I'm sure will be a great cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, cracking!

    (sorry, terrible play on undercrackers - alt word for underpants, origin of which I have no idea!!)

    Great find, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, they must be wrestlers gruds! haha. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They'll make a fantastic cushion! What an interesting find, are all your oppie visits that intriguing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alisa - I've had a good run recently. My friend Magpie has a great eye, while she doesn't sew she is always thinking of things I could do!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)