Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Creative Space: Cabin Fever!

Arghhhhh me hearties!  We've been cooped up all week with the weather.  Suddenly our 'big little house' i.e. two bedroom, but huge living just seems little.

Today the sun broke out and I actually got to leave the house and grab a coffee with some blogger friends and say 'bye to Maddie....our loss is Brisbane's gain.


In other news I have some urgent business to attend to - intensive snow play has resulted in Lala's mittens exploding.  They were hand-me-downs, so time for a new pair and the perfect opportunity to actually use one of the aherm many books I've bought recently from here.  I pretty much adore all the projects in there (gorgeous double breasted coat and matching beret for example), but mittens we need, so mittens it is.

What's up with you today?  Here are some more creative's letting you in on their spaces...

Till next time :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the eye patch!
    Beat you to it on the mittens, but I cheated and used fleece ;-)
    Guess what... I had perfect timing at spotlight today. Just as I got to the counter they all decided that the 40% off was still valid today (I MAY have gone back and bought some extra fabric when I realised this :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your owls, but I'm not showing my boys or they'll hassle me to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirate owls - total love! My son has a pirate obsession that has lasted a few years so far (he just turned 6) so anything seaworthy catches my eye, and these are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you today - I can't say I'm ready for mitten making yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute... a pirate owl ha ha ha! Also the exploding mittens just cracked me up :)
    Glad the weather improved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exploding mittens, my, that will never do! We can't have all those little fingers exposed to the cold, cold snow! I hope you get those sticks clicking..fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those owls are so cute and I love the exploded mittens :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owls! The eyepatch cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those owls are just brilliant! The pirate owl is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. quite possibly the cutest owl ever, I love the houndstooth fabric. Was lovely to meet you Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. those owls are totally GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, I think those owls may be the most adorable thing I've seen for a while :-) they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)