Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Creative Space: Upstaged by Grandma

IMG_0239 by the wardrobe
IMG_0239, a photo by the wardrobe on Flickr.
You may have dropped in last week where I mentioned the exploding mittens and that I was working on replacements.

Here they are - all finished just in time for 20oC weather. Sigh.

I'm not really much of a knitter (crochet's more my game) so I was quite proud to have finished these. Anyway, look at what arrived in the post yesterday. Mum has been busy and with a beautiful scarf to match - I feel totally upstaged.

Loads of wool left, so its on with the next project in this lovely book - an apron dress. Instead of a plain front, and yes OK its mainly because I don't have enough yarn for the whole garment, I'm thinking I'll do a stripey front a la 'Simple Knitting' by Erika Knight. Backs nearly done. Thankfully I've learned from my mistakes and made the biggest size so it will fit next year.

IMG_0243

IMG_0241
Sorry for the blurries - but you get the general idea right?

Check out more creative spaces here

2 comments:

  1. Well for someone that doesn't usually knit, you have done a very knit job, your'e knitting looks very uniform to me. And bonus you now have a spare pair :) Like the idea of a striped pinafore, that will look really cute!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)