Monday, October 3, 2011

Long Lost Blog

Hi there, its been too long since I've written here....so long in fact, I'm almost left wondering what to write about. To me - its like an awkward moment when you run into someone you've been meaning to call for some time and inexplicably haven't.

Not that life hasn't been busy - its just where to start?

I may as well begin with a couple of projects finished over the weekend which stalled in the midst of winter - missing in action under piles of newer ideas and found when I went hunting for one of my visual diaries (which is still missing - Miss Lala is the chief suspect).

IMG_0444
Dress is half-lined in fabric to match the buttons.
IMG_0443
Lucky for me, the dress is on the roomy side (its wool flannel) and will be great for next year.
IMG_0447

IMG_0438

The gingham elephant (Ellie-Bellie) was picked up at a Waihi op-shop last year with just one ear, only partially attached.  I have a feeling my compassionate daughter will be bringing home all manner of creatures in varying states of demise as she grows up - she made it very clear she was not leaving the store without Ellie-Bellie....so new ears for her and tassels and a bit of blocking for G-ma's scarf.

I love that Mum makes us stuff but she has a habit of running out of patience for the item before its finished and sending it to me to finish up. Love the yarn though eh?

4 comments:

  1. That little dress is absolutely darling, not to mention the little girl in it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love Lala'a dress, such a great colour on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the long lost blog feeling - its been so long on mine that I am totally at a loss where to start too!
    Your little girl is growing up - she looks gorgeous in her new dress!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)