Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handmade retail therapy

Photo by Lucy Arnold of Felt - more photos of the amazing array of products on offer here
Saturday was a long day, but I had a great time at the Christmas Encraftment market.  I especially love meeting local crafters like Corina of Lylly-Fysh a lady on my New Zealand Handmade network.  I'm quite proud to be amongst such a professional and talented group - the stalls looked amazing, especially Black Swan Designs with her full sized bicycle and mustard and black colour scheme.

I had a helper and that gave me chance to do a bit of Christmas shopping and check out products I've swooned over online.  I did treat myself just a little bit with these hand printed fat quarters from In My Back Yard - check out her gorgeous things here.  I could have gone mad and bought heaps of pincushions - Feltmark had some particularly lovely ones, but I resisted.

Is it just me, or do you find a million things to buy yourself when you're really meant to be buying Christmas presents?  Maybe its that I don't go shopping often enough - if you don't know it exists you can't be tempted right?

3 comments:

  1. I bought a bit of the birdie fabric too! Can't wait to make something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo of you amongst your goodies Nin! It looks like a beautiful market full of wonderful displays. And no, it's not just you, I do exactly the same when I'm looking for Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous photo! Glad you had a nice time and a helper!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)