Saturday, December 24, 2011

In brief

Just a quick note to let you know that we in Christchurch are OK.

Not too much to clean up in my house - broken stuff - meh, but I feel for Gill - who is swamped with silt and water again.

Lala just lost it yesterday (the straw that broke the camels back? - she has been amazingly calm throughout the last years turmoil) - I wasn't with her when the first earthquake struck and that was very very hard.  The cell phone networks overloaded immediately and I drove home from a crowed mall with a terrified Scottish mother-in-law like a women possessed (and why is it at these moments you get stuck behind a person determined to drive 40km - asthma attack anyone?, why yes I think I will...) anyho

The chill out music is on loud and earthquakes or no I am determined to get that holiday feeling.  After all, tomorrow is a celebration no matter what you believe.  Grab you're family and hug 'em close.

Hope all is well in you're world.  Truly.
Notchka


7 comments:

  1. what am i supposed to say here? i want to write something, but I can't put it into words.

    thinking of you,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary day :( Sorry I haven't been in touch this week, have been over in Akaroa and only just got back. Big hugs to lsla, we had a had time with Holly too. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are okay and you managed to get home to your baby girl. Peace xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are ok! Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Nin and hope tomorrow is still a special day with your family x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nin,
    I have been thinking of you since the other day when the latest earthquake happened and hoping that you are ok. I hope you managed to have a lovely Christmas. Stay safe.
    Love,
    Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a pretty scary day, so unfair that they come all at once, at least the earth seems to have settled a little bit now! I've just moved home to New Zealand after living in Australia, so loving discovering other local lovelies! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)