Monday, December 12, 2011

Thinking...

I've had an epiphany of sorts.  I'm sick of talking about my myself.  Sick of it.

These posts this year have pretty much revolved around what I've made with a smattering of Lala being gorgeous (and she is a constant source of smiles).

But truly there has been so much else going on behind the scenes.  Crafting has been a wonderful coping mechanism for me, but I've lost my creativity and it feels like I'm going through the motions, so I'm taking a break from recording it.

I might post some pictures of Christmas gifts and such, but I might not.

I will be spending some quality time at a whole bunch of favourite blogs I feel I've lost touch with.

I will be spending more time with my family, and being still and quiet and observing the world around me, because that's where my creative flow lies.

I will be thinking about more tutorials I can write up and share with you.

I have a couple of ideas for things to do in the New Year - so feedback please:

What about a scrap bag swap?

This is the tip of my scrapbag iceberg, believe me.  What I was thinking was we could all make a cute drawstring bag - maybe restrict the size to an A4 track and trace bag to make it an affordable little swap and stuff it with cute offcuts and send it to someone?

I could think up a couple of tutorials around what to do with the scraps as well, and maybe you could think of some too - a pincushion for your wrist?  That sort of thing.

Wardrobe Wednesday.....at The Wardrobe or at Sailor Spy?

I really like Clare's intentions for Wardrobe Wednesday - to give each of us inspiration and encouragement to 'take a bit more time on our outfits to feel good about ourselves as busy mums'.  I've asked Clare and she is agreeable to letting me take this on.


I'm always inspired by what other people wear and how they put their outfits together.  I'm personally very keen to take up the slow fashion movement banner in New Zealand - that is to approach fashion in a more sustainable manner and for a bit of fun, maybe we could work in a theme here and there.  Although I want it to be easy and inclusive for everyone (not work) - maybe each week you could make a suggestion as to theme and I'll use random.org to pick one.  These could be quite general e.g. yellow or specific e.g. underwear as outerwear (but please don't suggest that).  


I guess the idea with a theme is to shake things up and bit and encourage me to use my whole wardrobe, rather than just reaching for the same 20% that gets 80% of the wear.  You could do the theme or not, up to you. 


What do you think?  Scrap bag swap?  Wardrobe Wednesday's here?  To start late January??


Meantime Merry Christmas to you all.  Thanks for reading, thanks for sharing, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the comments, and if I didn't reply - I am sorry.  


I'll be back around mid January all refreshed and revived and ready to share and inspire.


Hope all is well in your world.
Notchka x





14 comments:

  1. Yes, yes and yes!!!
    Look after yourself, take a break, refuel and spend time with that gorgeous family of yours.
    A scrappy swap definitely sounds fun and who knows, maybe you'll even tempt me to take part in wardrobe Wednesday!
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the New Year- have a great holiday, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I catch up with family and friends over Christmas, reconnect before the next year is too far gone or we never seem to catch up with each other at all. Plan - loosely - what I want to achieve for the next year.
    Don't know about the scrap bag swap as I tend to use a lot of mine for small projects and I'm not much of a lover of pink but it seems many other crafters are!
    The Wardrobe Wednesday sounds interesting though as I usually live in jeans and flanny shirts. I need to get back into skirts and pretty tops but they aren't really suited for farms, cows and horses :O. Lol, I'm becoming lazy about dressing in my middle age and I need 'new' clothes as I've lost weight. Maybe a revamp of the old ones is in order? Ha ha, which decade are they copying now as they've done 70's and 80's?
    Have a nice blogging break and a lovely Christmas/New Year.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the scrap bag idea would be perfect, I have soooo many little bits of fabric lying around at the moment! and I think wardrobe wednesday would be fun too, I would join! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a loooovely break my dear! Looking forward to the new year! And I'm interested in all your ideas (swap, WW etc!) Yay you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been one of those years. Basically what ever it takes to get through, that's the thing I think! I love your idea of the scrap exchange, I'd definitely go for that. I'm not a wardrobe linker cause I don't have time to take pictures of myself in the mornings, but I love seeing what others do, so maybe I could be converted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go easy on yourself, Notchka. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with the business of just being yourself, right!? Enjoy the time off, but don't stay away too long. I love your tutorials and crafty goodness too much and will miss you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. both sound great and I'd join in. have a lovely, relaxing break x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great ideas! And Merry Xmas to you too. Hope you have a fabulous holiday time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swap sounds great, I put out a fabric swap sos a while a go but the reality is I will probably never get to it & your tute ideas sound fantastic. I'm excitied already.
    P.S so know what you mean about "being still and quiet and observing the world around me, because that's where my creative flow lies."
    Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Yes Yes Yes - you get my drift

    Thinking of you each and every day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup I'd be up for some ww goodness - I'm thinking some little 'competitions' not real ones but things like - cheapest outfit, most homemade, most second hand items, most items made in NZ (you'd win that!~) these things could be used as themes interspersed with colour/ other stuff...my brain is frizzled! Anyway loving you, tAke the time you need to refresh.... sorry it's taken me so long to write this comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking the same! Tired of the blog world and the expectations that drain our creativity! Let's blog for quality not quantity! I think I'm taking the whole month of January off to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'd be keen to join in with wardrobe Wednesday (but first I'll have to either train the toddler to take great photos or master the art of the self taken photo!) I would also be keen to join in with a scrap swap, however your scraps look far more exciting than any of mine! From a new follower Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)