Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finishing Touches

I have just this week finished my Modern Quilt Bee blocks.  I do have a few weeks up my sleeve, but March is going to be just crazy, so I'm ahead on one thing for once.

I wanted to do hexagons for everybody, but I did a test block and it took simply ages.  In the end I went with another favourite - flying geese.  I used this tutorial as a guide, which is quite good and produces 4 blocks with the same colour geese.

It worked within my block design, but you would need to go the traditional method if you didn't need a multiple of four.


I wrapped them in tissue and used a stationery tutorial (using, you guess it fabric scraps) to make some cute little tags (the link is on my Scrap Bag Tutorial page up the top).






Lala had a great time dipping into the button stash to add little embellishments to the tags.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love your flying geese and they're even more beautiful in real life! Lisa's block looks amazing- I think you're right that this works best with the stronger colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this yesterday?? My block arrived today - thanks heaps! I love it :) Oh and Neon Trees - great band :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how did I miss this?
    These are simply gorgeous - I LOVE them!
    I do love everyones colours too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I find your Modern Quilt Bee blocks amazing!! You are quite productive!
    allie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)