Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just in case...

you were wondering - no it hasn't escaped me that day marks a year since the February quakes.

  • Today my husband is going to receive a civic award.
  • Today I wear red and black (despite it being Wardrobe Wednesday in another pocket of my life) and remembering that 185 people who left for work and school and a ride on the bus downtown to look at the shops this day last year didn't come home again  
  • Today I am many things, but I am changed completely

The green room was my studio in our central city

My workshop is to the left (out of shot), down on the right side street corner was Peaches and Cream - which may explain the blow up doll on the ground. 

Within the ping-pong room (common space) in the building.  Crane deconstructs old building on the corner of High St/Bedford Row


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It has been one hell of a year. I am so pleased that you where not in your studio that day, looking at that photo. Please say thank you to your husband for all the work he did in the days and weeks following the quake, he was very brave. Kia kaha Nin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of everyone in Christchurch yesterday when I was getting ready for work. I wore red & black and at 12.51pm we had 2 minutes silence. I thought of you Nin and your lovely family and I thought how things would have been so different if you had been working in your studio that day. I also thought of all the other lovely people that I know in Christchurch and how strong you have all been. Big hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)