Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Creative Space: Its in the mail

How is everyone going with there scrap swap?

I'm working on a tutorial for an envelope clutch which looks like, well an envelope.  I had hopes to post it today  but I've had a stoopid virus and have been feeling yucky for over a week.

As my own boss I have given myself the week off work, but I still need to keep my hands busy in the brief moments between unconsciousness and coughing fits.  I might get it finished this afternoon, but maybe tomorrow.

Scrap bag ready for recipient 

Meantime, I got my scrap bag in the post today.  And huzzah!  I received my own parcel of scraps yesterday.  Thanks to Kerry-Anne.


My gift of scraps  

I sat on the sofa last night and cut some little birds - the link is up there under Scrap Bag Tutorials.  Addictive wee things that they are :)

Spool birds cut and ready to sew

I think I'm going to make some hexies with some more of these scraps.  I have a guest tutorial coming up from the lovely Lost Seamstress involving hexagons - can't wait!!


Linkin' up with more creatives here

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bag of scraps! Ohhh Hexies! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, what beautiful fabric scraps! Hope you feel better soon Nin, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scraps! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah! They look great! I am just about to write my tutorial, I have just been waiting for the sunlight so I can take some nice pictures of the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Hey, is that the bag you made in the tutorial? Do the measurements you gave in the tutorial fit in the kind of post bag we're using for the swap? If so I'll use your measurements to make my bag! Thanks!
    ps. hope the nasty virus goes away and you feel better soon!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty. I recently bought a bird pattern, really should consider using it!! Brilliant way to use up scraps, pretty, colour, patchworked gorgeousness. Get well soon, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The envelope clutch looks fantastic Nin! Get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love teh envelope... soooo cute! And what a great bunch of scraps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to the envelope clutch, the scraps you got are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy making your birdies! :) (I won one once in a giveaway, and my kids LOVE it!!!) The pink drawstring bag is scrum-diddly-itious. Looking forward to seeing your finished envelope clutch tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that envelope! Hope you feel better soon. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Owwwww exciting! I LOVE those little birds too, so fast and satisfying

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just seen your post and love how my scraps look so fabulous. Can't wait to get my package in the mail. Happy sewing,
    Kerry-Anne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)