Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reminder about the swap

Hi all

How is everyone going with there scrap bags?  This is the last week for getting your goodies together and off in the post.  I still have a couple of tutorials I want to write up for you and so many projects I want to try, I feel like this mission to use up my scraps may well spill over into next month too.

I've heard from many of you that you have either sent or received (or both!) bags and its great to see a few new members on the Flickr group and people posting their photos of projects and scrap bags.

All very exciting, but here is my favourite from last week - how sweet is this Swiss flag scrap bag?
 Tutorial here.  One of our Swappers, Annie mentioned that you need to read the instructions really carefully (and I guess refer to the diagram, more than the words) as there are a couple of mistakes with cutting red fabric and also in the making up instructions.  She has made corrections as follows:

Cutting directions for red fabric should read 

4 squares, each measuring 2 1/2 inches (6.4 cm).
2 rectangles, each measuring 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches (6.4 x 16.5 cm).
1 rectangle measuring 2 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (6.4 x 26.7 cm).
* 1 rectangle measuring 10 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (6.4 x 11.4 cm).* ( *Not 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 as stated)
1 rectangle measuring 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (26.7 x 31.8 cm).

For sewing the bag together I would follow the instructions for Nin's Drawstring Bag found here: http://notchkas-wardrobe.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/my-creative-space-scrap-bag-tutorial.html

I also did "milk carton corners' or a 'boxed bottom' at the bottom of the bag ( do this before you attach the outer to the lining)- a great free tutorial for those is here http://thehappyzombie.com/pdf/poochie.pdf - along with a sweet little pattern to make a bag. 

I can just imagine this in some cord I have in my stash to use in the back of the car for random toddler related stuff.  i.e. plastic bags/wipes/snacks/water/spare knickers/towel....is it just me or is its amazing how often the towel comes in handy?

Anyway, as always I would love to hear any great ideas for using up scraps, how your going, if you got your goodies and your excited or just a good old fashioned Hi.

Hope all is well with you.
Notchka

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Oh how great! i have recieved my scraps and have started making! Almost finnished project number one, so that'll be up soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those bags are very sweet very modern and very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received mine today - wooppee. I had a million other things I was supposed to do with my day, but got totally distracted with my wonderful new scraps! Taking lots of photos to show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeheehee - it sounds like the creative juices are flowing. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely... I have just about finished a project with mine and also have a couple of quick ideas - probably will share as part of 'my creative space' on Thurs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nin, this is just such a wonderful inspiring project to be part of,thanks for organising it. I loved sending mine off and today received mine,just ecstatic with the gorgeous fabrics,can't wait to start getting creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bags are adorable! Excited to hopefully receive my scrap bag in the next week or so so I can start creating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a sweet little bag so don't be put off by the pattern mistakes.

    Cutting directions for red fabric should read

    4 squares, each measuring 2 1/2 inches (6.4 cm).
    2 rectangles, each measuring 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches (6.4 x 16.5 cm).
    1 rectangle measuring 2 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (6.4 x 26.7 cm).
    * 1 rectangle measuring 10 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (6.4 x 11.4 cm).* ( *Not 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 as stated)
    1 rectangle measuring 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (26.7 x 31.8 cm).

    For sewing the bag together I would follow the instructions for Nin's Drawstring Bag found here: http://notchkas-wardrobe.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/my-creative-space-scrap-bag-tutorial.html

    I also did "milk carton corners' or a 'boxed bottom' at the bottom of the bag ( do this before you attach the outer to the lining)- a great free tutorial for those is here http://thehappyzombie.com/pdf/poochie.pdf - along with a sweet little pattern to make a bag.

    Have fun

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)