Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KCWC Day 1




Well I got started early - washed up fabric and made some changes to my twirly skirt pattern to make a yoke front skirt with pleats.  

Unfortunately life (and op shopping got in the way and I've only just posted this now).  Go check out Elsie's blog (you can get an archive of all the KCWC stuff by clicking on categories) or the flickr group- there is so much good inspiration to be had.


Today I'm working on a plain fabric version featuring a scalloped hem.  This dark chambray I've be holding on to for ages, so I'm quite excited to see how this one turns out.

Happy day to you


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very cute skirt! I've got this fabric in my stash for my 8 yo DD but I am going to make a little cord jacket out of it - thought it would look funky with her aqua skinny jeans. It's on my KCWC to-do list..if I get to it! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous and inspiring! I had seen that fabric at spotlight too and am keen to use it for a pinafore dress for my wee one - just need to find the right pattern.

    I've just posted my KCWC now :) - now to add pics to the flickr group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the scalloped skirt! I have a mini version of the birdie skirt sitting here almost finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt! is that some of the pinwhale cord? That will make a great addition to her winter wardrobe... gorgeous teamed with a pair of bright tights! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)