Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Creative Space: Today its all about yarn

Finally got started on my baby blanket.  I know it doesn't look like much yet, but I'm enjoying adding a coloured section a night.


Definitely more of a slow burn project to fit in around other things.....like a couple of tutorials I've got that need finishing and perhaps a bit of doll and hat making for a market next month.
Modelled by the lovely Miriam 

I'm not so quietly stoked about the new hat design I've come up with - I think there will be more.  I had a quick flick through a crochet book at the library the other day and liked the pattern this chain stitch made, I just needed to tinker around with the number of rounds and stitches so that my chains were symmetrical.  A good use for my ever expanding vintage button collection too!

What are you creating right now?  If you have time, go make a cuppa and check out some more creative spaces here - inspirational stuff!

Happy day to you.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That hat is gorgeous! cant wait to see the baby blanket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE the colours in the blanket! Happy day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat! Great colour and pattern. I'm currently battling some sizing in shirt patterns - any ideas for me on altering bust correctly size would be most welcome! Nice to stumble upon your lovely blog via MCS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colours for your baby blanket!! and nice hat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hat! and the button makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blanket will look gorgeous, and love the new hat :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)