Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm loving....

...I think its time for a little grateful.


I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening
in your life, there is always something that you can be thankful for... no matter how simple it is.  

I'm loving that this lady highlighted a need and asked for help.  I'm so grateful she has empowered me (and maybe you too - there is still a little time) to help someone going through a really tough time with something meaningful - and she has asked for hats for crying out loud, talk about serendipity*.

I'm kind of embarrassed this is so plain, but 'the brief' was for a beanie in understated, unisex colours so that man or woman would be happy and comfortable wearing it


Can't go past classic blue and chocolate brown right? Anyway - if your pretty handy with the hook or a pair of needles and you have a little time and a little yarn to spare I would encourage you to go find out more about the beanie drive.

I'm loving my husband being away this weekend.  This is a bit of a 180 on the attitude for me.  I used to dread flying solo parenting-wise all weekend.  No to mention the grumpy overtired husband (who went straight from work, to the plane on Friday night and doesn't come home until Sunday night).

What's wonderful about being on my own is eating simple easy to prepare food that makes very little dishes.  Not to mention take over our living/dining room with:


There is plenty of crafty productivity here - I promise its not just a fabric explosion!  I have a stall at Craft Invaders next weekend, so great timing to whip up some extra softies and zip purses and such.

Lastly I'm loving these two books - they are both borrowed, but are top of my birthday wishlist - just look at all the post it notes in the Zakka book!  Much to do and read and digest.  The Home Companion has the most incredible recipes for everything from bluing powder (for making your whites whiter than white) to onion jam.


Linking up here


*I've made a zillion of these in the last couple of weeks.
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Where did you get that bag with "I've got skills to pay the bills" on it? Thats a phrase my husband used to say all the time!

    Also can totally relate about the absent husband = lots of crafting thing - Andrew works away from home 2 nights every week and I do the same. P.S I just bought a metre of that teapot fabric and plan on making something for Isabelle in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home companion is one of my FAVOURITE books too!! I use lots of the recipes for our household cleaners.
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you captured the 'brief' perfectly, love that blue. Such a lovely idea, too.
    Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. have read both those books- they are fab! and love your fabric pile- very similar to what happens at my house whenever I start a project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much creativity going on over at your place...awesomeness! Lovely to have you join in with Things I'm Loving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I can't get past that gorgeous pile of fabric on your floor. A little fabric envy here. Happy sewing with it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that green chevron!!!! I secretly love a little break {and space in the bed} when hubby is away as well…..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just returned the Zakka book to the library, it's great isn't it? Glad I'm not the only one with piles of fabric on the floor too.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)