Friday, September 21, 2012

Actions speak louder than words

Hey crafty crew!  Its been four weeks more or less hasn't it - except for the spit that was the last post - you know I was all prepared to lose a few souls along the way and in fact I have gain two - hello you two.  Your very welcome!

I just want to be clear that I wasn't having a go - I just really felt like some advocacy was in order in a gentle way.  If you haven't been there, of course - how would you know?  But now you do.  So - after I got that off my chest (and I did just sit down and bang it out, spell check it and then pressed that bright orange publish button) I though.....  I need to do something about this.

This is what I can do:

While I've been away from this space I have been quietly developing a new product.


This wedge shaped rest is designed to prop up a tablet, i-Pad or a good old fashioned book. You can find all the details on what makes this simple device totally fab in my shop.  There you can purchase one for $30 (that includes P&P) and I shall donate $10 to KidsCan via their website.  Simple.  Easy.  Tangible.  Please consider doing your Christmas shopping a little early :)


KidsCan might be news to you, but they have been quietly working away in the background for some years now.  I first got to know about the program when I was working at UNESCO - we put on a Values in Education summit and KidsCan presented one of the workshops.

They are the sort who deal with the problem in a non judgemental way.  They also do a lot of valuable research into the complex problem that is poverty.  I've chosen to support KidsCan because they are not only the 'ambulance at the bottom of the cliff' they are focused on the root of the problem and what we need to do as a society to change this situation.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you're putting your money where your mouth is. You are a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great and look very comfy too! And love that you are supporting such a good cause!
    Totally think its okay to have a little rant (as you called it) on topics that are so meaningful! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Nin and love your generous, generous heart x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nin I do so love these and love you for putting your money where your mouth is xxx
    I'll order one please xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)