Monday, January 7, 2013

My dining chairs have issues

Well they did.

On the plus side - they were freee (I do love a bargain).  The linen I used to recover them was given to me by a lovely lady whom I used to work with before Lala - so nice to be using up some stash too.

If you have never tried recovering a basic chair like this you should!  Its so easy and satisfying and all you need is a staple gun and some fabric.

In these kinds of things I've a dive right in kind of girl - I could see how the chairs were covered previously, and I didn't even bother to take the old fabric off - I just cut my fabric out roughly and stapled the new cover over old.

However I did see a great tutorial over on Design*Sponge if you feel like you need one.

Yay to ticking off another item on my Home makeover masterlist.  Are you itching to makeover something in your home?  Do share.


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. oh they look great. I'm currently working on a coffee table that needs some drying time between coats :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nin! :) I'm itching to paint the vanity in my son's bathroom. It's so ugly and would just look so much better in a deep dark brown. I haven't recovered a dining chair but I did recover a little bench in much the same way and it was so much fun! :) Your chair looks so great! Happy New Year to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I will be on the lookout for some chairs like this - lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! They look fantastic- might have to do that myself, have you seen the state of my dining room chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'd love to recover my dining chairs. They're at the top of my list for my next trip to spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I've got some wall space that needs something and I'm working on something to fill it. It involves a staple gun too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 'cover-able' chairs on my list of things I reallllly want for my house. This blog post has pretty much moved them to the very top of the list! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! Drawers converted to shelves are top of my to do list - I've had the drawers for ages I must get them done!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)