Thursday, January 3, 2013

Take It Easy

I've had the opportunity to get away from the usual busy routine and reflect a bit on the year just lived and the one ahead.

You may remember that last year I resolved to "Just say 'no'" and that went pretty well for me for about 9 months.  The last quarter of the year I took on the Cottage renovation (on top of mothering, the two businesses, markets, craft label, fashion label, family birthdays)....I said yes yes yes and it got a bit much.  I became the Rushing Women - tired and yet wired, living on coffee, never getting to the end of the to do list and suffering physically for it.

I am pretty chuffed I have a new workroom and gallery space - don't get me wrong, it was a heck of an achievement but this year I want to focus on a healthy body/healthy mind and how that feeds into being more efficient at my work and enjoying my days rather than surviving them.  This year I want to Take It Easy.  



Thanks to this boat for the inspiration.  Lovin' the typography.

Inspired by Maxabella

6 comments:

  1. I think you are in for a very good year indeed, Ninotchka. I am afraid I am very, very bad at taking it easy, so perhaps this might be a good one for me next year!

    Happy days ahead to you all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you definately deserve to take it easy this year! I know I got to the 9 month hump and lost my energy for the rest of the year too :) We're only human afterall x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Nin - I just read this post after Miriam's and it seems like your 2012 motto is mine for 2013! How did you find the results?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I read an article recently about the need to stop glorifying 'busy'... I think that fits in nicely with your goal for the year! And something I need to work on too!

    :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)