Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lately

...a third drilling rig has turned up at our house.





Its been two years since the fatal earthquake that bought our city it its knees.  It changed our lives so dramatically, it taught me the value of my closest relationships, it bought me closer to my maker, it took away my workspace, my 'normal' but it didn't take away my life, or those closest to me.

It's made me stronger in so many ways and yet this year - two years on, we face finding a new home as our rental is being demolished...and so this earthquake thing is still to be endured, to be lived through, to be overcome.



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. It feels like the upheaval is endless doesnt it. I hope you find a good spot to luve next to make up for the enforced shift x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big love to you Nin xxx
    So sad this is still ongoing for so many

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( finding a new home is hard.
    But the freshness of a new space and the decluttering that come with moving can be good too!
    Hope you find a nice new place xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful way with words - acknowledging and yet not self-pitying. Lots and lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)