Thursday, March 7, 2013

Today's the day

Today is the very last day for those of you lovelies participating in the scrap bag swap to get your parcel in the post.

I received my swap bag yesterday.  It was hand delivered to my studio from the lovely Deb (along with a chai latte, carrot cake and a bunch of sweetpeas straight from her garden - I felt so lucky!)......isn't it just gorgeous - I love the handstitching and the colours and guess what?


Deb has worked out this super amazin' way of finishing the top of the bag really neatly - she did a little tutorial if you are interested its here


Here is a little idea of the selection inside the bag:


It has totally got my create juices flowing - not only is there heaps of green and turquoise (my favourites) but there are blues and purples which don't feature heavily in my stash but I'm keen to muck about with a rainbow composition at some point this year.

The gorgeous tree fabric at the top on the left has my girl's name all over it - she has decided it will make a very pretty dress for her !! 



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. awesome - so glad you got spoiled from what I have seen it's looked like a wonderful swap. I would love to see a collection of all the bags/purses/other that people made

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comment - soooo as you know we have a flicker group here: http://flic.kr/g/jTwrb a pinterest board here: http://pinterest.com/sailorspy/projects-from-fabric-scraps/ or you could just go an visit the list of participants on the sidebar of my blog - under the scrap bag swap button!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Wishing I joined in, seeing all the lovely bundles being send around the place. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bag full of gorgeous goodies from a gorgeous lady x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that bag, and the contents are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is gorgeous....well done on a great swap. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bag....and a lovely way to receive it!! Also I love your finished baby blanket...I really want to make one now....just have to wait for someone to have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how awesome and dam that i missed it hehe .what a great fun swap .
    better follow so i can keep reading hugs xo

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)