Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday walk [photo heavy]

What do you call a group of bloggers?  I've decided we must be a flock, as all together we are *loud* and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

While I wasn't able to attend the full event this past weekend (I'm self employed - there is no such thing as a weekend) I was lucky enough to billet Louana* and to go along to the conference dinner and a Sunday morning brekkie at C1 followed by a walking tour.
Just quietly I was thrilled some of my favourite interior furnishings from the old C1 - like the Singer water dispenser - are still there.  It gave me a little reassuring feeling that some things remain.
The coolest new addition is the door to the toilets.  At first glance its a bookshelf loaded with National Geographics and Encyclopedias - but it slides back into the wall when you approach it to reveal the passageway beyond.  Needless to say my wee one was enthralled.



After a bit of top shelf nosh we ascended an ornate winding path to C1s roof top vineyard to show our out of towners:
a view from the top
and a new perspective
Our tour guide in action
My walking buddy


 there is still 'old' here.
 irony
 poignant expression of our grief

 making friends
 The [just a little bit] cardboard catherdral
 Very soon I can relive my Mary Poppins fantasy in Regency Street's gelato coloured Spanish Mission style shops


 The hint of brick and glass on empty lot after empty lot
the hint of a column 
I feel a quilt design coming on.....


 secret codes
walk the line (hehe)
at one of the last cordons -a mascot
 Don't ask me what that face is about - but I had to have a picture taken with this chick, she rocks
I used to get my sushi here






I'm sure there will be many many others who have recorded this walk in ther ways - other things will have stood out to them.  I can't take another photo of my broen old studio or the tumbled down catherdral
* she spoilt me rotten, but I shall save the skyting for another post

8 comments:

  1. I love your photos they are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ohotos and perspective, and loved meeting you and your gorgeous girl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great photo's, been interesting to see what people see as the photo's that they want to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos nin. i was very moved by the memorial chairs, i loved how no two seats were alike, reminding you of each of the INDIVIDUALS that perished, unlike the uniform memorial crosses, though i could hardly bear the baby capsule. the weeds growing up through the mini mall grabbed me too-nature literally smothering the man-made in such a short space of time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I could have come and met you all (but at 3 weeks out from my due date that was not possible) - I've been so jealous reading everyones posts. Great photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun for a total stranger to your country. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nin I love the way you captured your city
    It was an absolute pleasure meeting you IRL and getting to spend time with you
    I wore my Kisses skirt yesterday and have my Liberty skirt on today - feeling very Sailor Spy designerish and very spoilt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photos. Wish I could have made it too. I used to live in Christchurch but I find it so hard to orientate myself there now. It's so exciting to see things changing, yet still so sad.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)