Thursday, May 2, 2013

What to do with milk tins {A tutorial of sorts}


Soooo this DIY is from the declutter files.  My husband gets a little frustrated at me keeping, what he lovingly terms 'crap' but I've always had a plan for these tins, it was just a matter of getting on to it.  Now with a declutter in full swing I have to be honest with myself and either use it or lose it when it comes to 'maybe, someday' projects like these.

Anyways - this was relatively easy and a great holiday project to do with a helpful 4 year old.  There is lots of glue involved - Lala was sooo in when she saw the brush and the jar of homemade modge podge.
















 Show & Tell Thursday's

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fabric ones Nin! I'm the same, I really don't have the time (of lack of kids) to achieve all my "someday" projects sitting in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nin - thanks for the Tutorial! I should have kept our mountains of tins for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from show and tell. Love these. When I had them I just used to paint them but this is smarter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha funny we both used old baby jars / tins too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Nin - so clever
    I might point Kindy in the direction of this tutorial also

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any tins but love the idea! I think I could get some of my Mums at school to bring some in for me. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these they are just lovely. And that you and lala made them together is extra special. Love the idea about hairtying the stamps together x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! Makes me wish I had channeled my creativity a bit more when I was still using milk. Great tip with the hairties for the stamps! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you just killed me with that 'hair tie the word you want to stamp together' FOR REAL. you have saved me SO much time.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mappy ones- I wish I'd thought of this when we had squiliions of these tins- I painted some but now wish I'd modge podged : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great...I used to collect mine also for a someday project...my hubby is more impatient and I gave in to the pressure :)) Should show him this....and say told you so!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hair tie trick is so clever! I always end up with wonkily stamped words...! Just found your blog and it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)