Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Staff of Life

My child is a fussy eater.  I'm just going to come right out and lead with that.  I'm not going to go into the whys and the hows - but lets just say its been a long hard road getting Lala to try and like a variety of foods.

There are still days and weeks when she decides not to eat anything green (and some weeks when green is 'in').  She's yet to eat with regularly any kind of bread 'with bits in', meat, most veges.  She doesn't like cheese or eggs and plain cows milk.

Yes food is tricky for us and I am often left wondering if she is getting enough iron, fibre and protein not to mention vitamins and minerals.

With this in mind, I took up an offer by the folks over at Nature's Fresh to try a loaf of their new high fibre bread and let you know what I thought of it.


It looks, smells, feels and most importantly tastes....ummm just like white bread.  But that's not why you'd buy it - the secret is each slice contains some like 4 times the fibre of our regular choice.  What this boils down to is that just 3 sandwiches (two slices of bread each) has her daily fibre requirement nailed - that's one down...

And if you are wondering - no 'fairy bread' isn't a dietary staple in our house.  We had a tea party yesterday and I made these for a treat.


4 comments:

  1. she is so sweet - I imagine the food battles get tiring at times xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you, you've got her fooled!! Very cute fairbread picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be so worrying and hard to battle with....I was a very fussy eater as a kid and I know I gave mum alot of headaches.....luckily my kids have been great with their fruit and vege....just one at the moment is a fussy eater when it comes to meat and eggs....but hey you can't have it all :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a worry sometimes, isn't it? My son decided at 4 that he wouldn't eat green veges anymore so I snuck them into soups, cakes (zucchini slice but I called it fruit loaf as technically it is a fruit of it's plant :D) etc. His hair started coming out in 20c size patches a few months later and a trip to the doctor for a blood test had me giving him folic acid, magnesium and zinc tablets for 3 months....all found in a variety of green veges, preferably raw :(. We live and learn. He's now 23 with lovely thick healthy hair!
    Good that you have the fibre intake nailed and I love the fairy bread :).
    Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)