Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Casual Chic & Hairdos {Mama style on a budget}

relaxed look at sundaycrossbow.blogspot.co.nz
I love heels with boyfriend jeans.  Its the 'less is more but I'm still a lady' vibe.  Inspired by this pin of Sunday Crossbow she really does have the art of casual chic down!  {Aside} How bizarre is it to be wearing sandals in the middle of winter?  

My only accessories are kind of obscured in this photo - so here's a close up (taken on another day).  
The friendship bracelets make my smile.  When I was 11 or 12 my first business was making and selling these at my local market.


Lets just talk hair a minute {Yup I'm off on a tangent again}. Motherhood was a lifestyle change I looked forward to all through my twenties and early thirties when it came I never looked back. On the down side, one of the first things to be cut from the budget were trips to the hairdresser.

I feel I have become adept at D.I.Y home hair colour, but they do tend to dry out your hair so much more than salon colours. I'm long overdue for a new do, but I've been putting it off waiting for a special package to arrive....which did just last week.  


Yay!  I can't wait to see if the 'oil delivery system' (which until now you've only been able to get at salons) is as gentle and as vibrant as foretold.  I'm doing it by the book and doing an allergy test first....but (spoiler alert)

As a bit of a special treat Garnier have given me a $50 Westfield voucher to give away to one lucky reader…..so watch this space! 

Linking up with Kelly today.  Who is talking budgets.  I don't have a clothing budget (maybe I should) but since its a theme I'll share:

Top Sailor Spy $59
Levis - thrifted $2
Sandals - thrifted $2
Arm bling: handcrafted



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Ahh great casual style! love the bracelets especially! As for hairdressers... only when I have short hair, when it's long hubby just does the ends for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also off haircuts and colours at the moment. Your colour is glorious - can't wait to hear how the treatment turns out!

    Loving heels and cuffed jeans too - but I'm such a wuss when it comes to having cold toes :)

    Thank you so much for joining up with WW - it's wonderful to have you along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I wish I had your sense of style Mrs!
    As for the hairdresser, it has only just been added back into our budget but unfortunately I am well and truly stuck with my boring brown hair, the budget doesn't yet stretch to a salon colouring and I'm out of practise of dying my own... hmmm time for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boyfriend jeans!!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great casual style that you nail! I love the bracelets and that you made a business from it when you were younger...ever the entrepreneur! And alas yes the hairdresser is usually the first that I take out of my budget....I get told off each time I go, because I leave it so long between visits :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)