Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happiness is {Tiny Tea Leaves}


I'm not much of a knitter - we'll its not my strongest discipline.

If there was such a thing as 'Crafty Top Town', I would be deferring the knitting challenge to someone more knit-able in the 'team'.  Come to think of it why isn't there a crafty Top Town?....just spit balling here but how awesome would that be for the next bloggers conference?!

I digress.

I spent a long time (like more than a year) researching books, blogs, etsy, ravelry and various other sources looking for the perfect cardi project.  It had to be - not too technical and a finished garment with a bit of a swing shape {because she wears dresses and skirts more often than not}, a bit modern but still the vintage-y feel.

I settled on Tiny Tea Leaves (more about it here).  It worked out great.  Actually this pattern is the progeny of Tea Leaves (the grown up version)  I kind of want to make one for me now.  I know we'll match and that's sort of creepy.  Perhaps Lala and I can set up a schedule so we don't wear our respective versions on the same day?

For now Lala can enjoy hers all she wants, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect yarn for mine, in a perfect shade of green......

What are you working on?  Linky love here:

 Show & Tell Thursday's
 

17 comments:

  1. Well it's just beautiful. Gorgeous colour too. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't knock your knitting skills... its awesome!!! Lala looks over the moon with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is beautiful knitting Nin
    Laughing at Crafting Top Town - LOVE it xxx
    My lil ones had a knitted cardi very similar when they were little little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is beautiful! What is the wool? Love the colour. I am knitting a Vodka lemonade cardigan for myself which is similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberley, I used Moda Vera pure wool for this project - its a good balance of price/softness ;D

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous little cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no go matchy-matchy there are only so many years she will think that it's cool!! It's gorgeous (using a beautiful model too!), love the colour choice and style. Crafty Top Town - oh that sounds SO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - such a gorgeous pattern and beautifully executed i'd want one too! Must re-learn to knit one day... And matchy matchy would be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beuatiful Nin. Your knitting looks great! Love the colour so much too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to match you both too! i've seen the tea leaves around a bit but this is my favourite colour incarnation of it. Gorgeous photos of lala on her bike rocking the cardi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great knit- I love seeing knitted jerseys on children, makes me feel all warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cardi, love the colour. Gorgeous model too. Can't wait to see yours. Green would be great. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. visiting from show and tell. You say you are not much of a knitter but this is fantastic, so I think your knitting proves that statement wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous what a lucky girl- with a clever mum- I WISH I could knit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo gorgeous little model and such a pretty cardigan.lovely the colour too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its beautiful and that colour was the perfect choice...plus for not being your strong suit, I can't tell, its beautifully made....plus love the pics! x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)