Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Finish

Ah something finished.  Ummmmm it's such a good good feeling, finishing.

It seems to me that I've been in the middle phase of a lot of things for quite some time, so to finish something - no matter how small smells like victory.

Not my best work really, but certainly not terrible either.  The geometric one was crocheted in an attempt to use up some of my scrap yarn - honestly I could have made a blanket and I still would have had scrap yarn, but I got bored making the triangles and just wanted to get on with the next stage.

Playing with the colour combinations was definitely the highlight of the whole thing.  Perhaps that explains why it sat on my sewing table for around 6 weeks waiting for me to cut a linen back and sew it into a squab.

Ditto the mohair one - I started that piece back in February.  I'm actually quite pleased with myself that I resisted the urge to applique it or otherwise adorn the warm beige-y fuzziness.


I've noticed in myself that my craft can so often be about learning, modifying or perfecting a technique.  The creative process is more important than the outcome.

From a decor sense, I wanted this cushion to be about comfort and homey-ness.  Every other cushion we have has some sort of pattern or motif, its quite nice to have a piece that's a 'break' from the visual noise that is my sofa.  Its function is to snuggle someone and make them feel cosy and it does that without pomp and ceremony.  I like that.

There are more creatives showing their awesomeness here:

 Show & Tell Thursday's

11 comments:

  1. I love the geometric one. It looks great. The plain one it nice too. A great idea for using up scraps. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these they look amazing. Those triangles are so graphically satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triangles are awesome - so much fun and, as Miriam said, satisfaction to be had from them! Love both your cushions and the mohair one looks ready for cosying up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the geometric cushion! Great ways to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Scraps are the best, they pull the real creativity out of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something very nice about snuggling up with a simple, soft cushion. I love the beige one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE them. Totally gorgeous, especially the geometric one. Now I want to make one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cushion, triangles, colors!!! all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the triangles-it's wonderful to look at. but the other one, i want to rub my face in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this post? No need for it to be a blanket when this is perfect as a snuggly and stylish cushion...and I get it having a simple snuggly one to accompany it, your couch looks so inviting...I'm tempted to finish my one now :))

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)