Saturday, September 14, 2013

My 'hood

Saturday was a gorgeous Spring day.  We took some visitors to our city out to see the sights.

At the Temple for Christchurch  - I love the way the structure echos the town hall behind it.  



The idea behind this is "Building and burning a Temple for the people of Christchurch as a way to release their earthquake experiences."

We wandered around and read some of the messages.  Some hopeful:

This one made me smile....
I imagine it will be a few more years yet - hang in there!

I bought a sharpie to write my own message - someone pipped me at the post:



 In the end I wrote:


And around the corner we played at The Pallet Pavillion.  One of the Gapfiller golf greens is here, my girl popped a hole in one first try - not bad for a 4 and a half year old!


The names painted on each pallet represent the people, families and business' who sponsored this space



And also springing up on this spot are these semi-permenant arcades sponsored by The festival of Transitional Architecture ("FESTA").  They point the way to Victoria Park.  These are such beautiful forms - leading you down to Victoria Park.



There are so many new and temporary things to love in Christchurch these days, if you were visiting from out of town I recommend parking here at the pavilion (70 Kilmore Street).  There are no less than four cafes/eateries within 20 meters of this spot and parking is free!

Belatedly linking in with Meghan for the first time in aaaaaages.

2 comments:

  1. Your city has some pretty amazing things going on, I hope to save my pennies and visit again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some awesome new things to see and do! An upside :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)