Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scrappy {WIP Wednesday}

I've had a little list going for a couple of years - a list of items I want to craft or sew, paint or do up around my home.  A home make over list.

So on this list have been some handmade placemats and finally I have got round to using up some scraps and making a rainbow selection.


I think I may have 'made a rod for my own back' though - my darling daughter can't chose which one she likes best and so you can imagine what it will be like at dinner time!

All I have left to do is hand sew the binding on.  A great little project to progress in the evenings.


I used the potholder project in Zakka Style book for inspiration.  I just omitted the fabric layers on the back that enable it to be used as a potholder. Instead I used a layer of thermo fabric and scraps of an old wool blanket.

I ad-libbed the quilting - it was a super easy and flexible project in that regard.


The only drawback it is didn't use up nearly enough 'strings'.  In sorting through my scrap stash I've realised I have enough for a small quilt.  Guess I'll just add that to the project list!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Joining in with Freshly Pieced tomorrow (our Thursday is there Wednesday, if you follow me)

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! Such a nice way to simply brighten up the dinner table. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Nin, and fun! Id have trouble choosing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous! I don't think I'd be able to choose which one I like best either x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely...i have often looked at getting that book it looks full of lovely projects. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how bright these are. I think I may have to file this idea away to try over the Christmas holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely collection of Colors. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are going to be wonderful! Good luck with your daughter picking colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lovely "mess" of bright cheerful colour...love them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that these are all such vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking placemats! Love the fabric and strippy look! They will certainly brighten up a table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are gorgeous Nin, such a pretty set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea! I love the way you used up these scraps :)) I had the idea of dresden placemats years ago on a similar make over list! Need to get the sewing machine out again :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)