Wednesday, December 18, 2013

At the last

These are the last days of Kindergarten.

As I made up some boxes for teacher gifts today, filling them with homemade fudge I reflected on our Kindy and how important its become in our lives.
Tutorial for treat boxes here
I don't think its hit her just yet.  All she can think of is Christmas and holidays with Grandparents to be had - a long golden summer before 'big school'.


I keep wondering if she will ever get sad, will miss George and Helen and Jill.


And I can't help but be wistful about this wonderful place - I'm sure it looks much like it did when it first opened in the 50's.  It feels warm and comfortable and lived in.  A home away from home.



1 comment:

  1. oh so special - kindy's have such a wonderful place. We feel very much the same about ours x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)