Friday, December 20, 2013

{I'm Loving} Connections

Christmas is upon us.  And this last month has been one of distraction, frustration and busyness in my non-crafting life.  (The one that doesn't make for great reading, nor interesting photos.) 

So while my day to day journey might be a challenge of late:-

to striking the balance between supporting other's in the way that they wish to be supported and looking after myself;
in tempering faith with realistic expectations

writing in this space (or the lack thereof) has been gnawing away at me.

Many times I have angst over what to write, how much to share, whether my 'voice' is interesting or consistent enough* I've actually considered stopping online writing altogether in favour of my handwritten journal just to have some peace from my perfectionist self.

The delightful Cat who sent me surprise Christmas goodness.  Your unstinting generosity fills me up Cat.
In the end I find myself counting my blessings and being grateful for all the little connections this online world has made for me.

It is in these I am encouraged.  And in the face to face and very real online friendships I have made through this four year monologue I find my ease.

My attachment to this place has creep up and taken root.  Now that the silly season is here with New Year hot on her heels, the winds of change are blowing in our family.  I feel myself wanting to hold on hard to this space next year.  I hope I can.

The lovely El took the time to show me a couple of peg aprons she has knocked up from my pattern.  There is nothing more satisfying to me than to know that my actions here have been useful to someone.  I am totally de-lighted she sent me these pictures squeeee

For now - for every person who takes the time to write to me or otherwise respond to my efforts.  I appreciate and thank you.




*Blog authors can I get a 'hey ye' here?  

5 comments:

  1. being a blogger can be quite demanding and stressful sometimes - who is reading what I write, do they like it, am I popular enough, why aren't I getting any more comments?
    As soon as I start thinking like that I make myself step back and remember why I started blogging in the first place and realise none of those things matter!!
    I have made some amazing connections through blogging and made some beautiful friends. It's all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look after you and your family Nin - hope you find balance, comfort and strength. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas Nin xxx
    Soooooooo good to have met you IRL this year - and hope to see you in 2014 when I'm down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very insightful post Nin - I truly feel blessed for all the connections I have made too - I'm not sure I would still be blogging otherwise! Have a very restful and blessed Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be very hard to balance the two, hence why my blog is very quiet and my reading of blogs is sporadic.....I feel pulled between the two, but for now I'm comfortable in my silence.....it just has to be :) It was lovely meeting you this year! I hope your enjoying your break and recharging your batteries :) x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)