Thursday, December 19, 2013

In my way

A 'big' Christmas make.  I rushed to finish.  I put all else aside.






Unfortunately the recipients - a mother and two little boys are of no fixed abode until after Christmas.  I have nowhere to send my parcel to!!

But as Deb always says, it will still keep them warm, whether it was received on Christmas day or after.

If I'm honest the making was kind of a cathartic experience.  An out pouring of love for a women my husband used to work with, a women who found herself in a desperately sad and frustrating situation; and her two children under five who just didn't know which way was up and how to feel or act about it.

They wanted so so much more of me than I was able to give.

Sometimes I can't give all or even half of my heart.  Sometimes the love and caring needs to be on my terms and in my way.


 Show & Tell Thursday's
Christina Lowry Designs
 



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Nin. It's a wonderful gift, with such beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful quilt Nin and a big kind heart xxx Love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas quilt which I am sure your friend will appreciate and treasure. We can only ever do so much cant we - at least our hearts know what we feel and wish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful post, and a stunning quilt. The recipients will love the thought behind it more than anything else, and that is plenty enough of your heart to give to someone else. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful gift to make and a lovely way to show someone you care for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous....all that stitching! And such a generous and thoughtful gift :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)