Thursday, December 12, 2013

Incr{edible}

I tried my hand at making an edible terrarium for the Bloggy Secret Santa swap I mentioned yesterday.  


Its not a new idea - my starting point was this tutorial.  It was a little fiddly at times, but so much fun rolling and poking and prodding the white icing with Lala.  Your not suppose to put white icing in the fridge, but this whole week has been so stinking hot I had to keep popping it in there as I finished each stage - it softens so fast.

My recipient, Roz is a polka dot lover, out of the box thinker, off the wall humorist - a traveler of the road least taken.  She is original, creative and fun.  


Also she has recently downsized to a bijoux apartment with a great big view.  I wanted to give her something useful, something to earn its keep in her little place.  So the little makeup swipes in their pouch (to keep them together in the wash).




Joining in here:

 Show & Tell Thursday's
 and over at Christina Lowry Designs
 

11 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous present and perfectly realised with your skills x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is freeking awesome! Love it Nin - great patience and attention to detail - I'm sure she was over the moon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great idea, Nin. Love it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fabulous !! fantastic
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were so adorable- I am in love with the little toadstool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats amazing! What fab present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome selection of gifts...great ideas I hadn't seen before. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO amazing you clever thing! I bet it was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! That terrarium is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was even more awesome seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to leave a comment before but for some reason it wouldn't 'accept'. I LOVE my gifts and both have had pride of place in my home. Thank you sooo much. I also tried photographing them in situ, with limited success, so am going to unashamedly 'copy' your photo here of my terrarium because everyone just adores it and I need to blog about it too. Better late than never :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)